Sunday 29 June 2014

My Birthday: Making the Change

Absolutely mouth-watering white chocolate profiteroles cake my sister bought me

The Roman Baths - Bath


Me and my Mum.
She was giving me a history lesson on the Roman Baths.

Me and a Roman (Actor)
The helmet was so heavy!


My mum desperately needed to rest her feet after walking around for so long!

Mmm... Fudge

W Hotel in Leicester Square.
Hotel room number.


Elliot playing with the TV in the elevator...

Pink Macaroons... I actually don't like Macaroons, but thought these were cute!


Mmm... Mixed Berry Tart

Mmm... Elliot's chocolate cake



Photo bombed! lol

Chinese restaurant with the family



Cutest thing!

Love You Mum


Left to Right: Elliot (boyfriend), Auntie, Mum, Me, Sister, Niece, Brother-in-Law, Brother
So this post is a little overdue, but it's just that I have re-written it so many times. As you may have guessed from the obvious title, it was my birthday not too long ago. I started this post a few weeks ago, planning on doing my usual show and tell on what I did for my birthday. But then I decided against it, you probably don't really care what I did... but for anyone who does I have included pictures and captions for you above :)

I officially turned 22 a few weeks ago and although I'm still young, I think it's about time I did something spectacular with my life and I think many people my age are feeling the same way. Since going into the full time work and becoming part of "the system" at a very young age, I've seemed to forgotten my childhood dreams and ambitions. I used to love fictional writing and all I ever used to talk about was becoming the next J K Rowlings. Nowadays, I can barely string a sentence together. It seems like I have lost a bit of spark and confident in myself and something needs to be done.

Sometimes we can get to comfortable where we are, we find it hard to get up and challenge ourselves, we like to stay in our "safe place" and not take risks... or maybe it's just me. But if it's not, make a change while you can. Don't follow your dreams, chase them. Get out of that lazy mind frame and work hard to achieve your goals. We have to stay motivated, and trust me I know how difficult staying motivated can be. I'm the queen of giving up easily. But here are some tips that I am using to stay motivated:
  1. Remember what you will get out of it in the end. Focus on the goal itself and stay positive. If you are looking to loose weight by eating healthy or exercising, then motivate yourself by thinking about that beach holiday you are slimming down for. If your struggling with your studies, motivate yourself by thinking about all the experience and knowledge you'll have by the end of this, your career goals. If you are finding it difficult to save money, think about how hot you will look in that brand new convertible.
  2. Get a photo of whatever your goal is and stick it up somewhere... anywhere! Your fridge, your car, your wallet, make it your screensaver on your computer or phone. Every time you feel to give up and unmotivated, look at the photo and remember why you are doing this. 
  3. Create a to-do list. I'm sure you have these in your job, so why not have one for your own life. Make sure you know what steps you have to take to reach your goal and write them down, have check boxes next to each of them so that you can tick them off 1 by 1. For each one you tick off you will feel proud of the progress you have made as each tick brings you that much closer to your goal. 
  4. Don't let others brings you down. It's so easy to take what other people to say to heart. We can come across people at work, on the bus, in a shop that can irritate and annoy us, but bring that angry energy to good use in reaching your goals. People who crush your dreams, you should use those negative comment to show them you can and will achieve, prove it to others and more importantly, yourself. Don't forget to have people around you that are supportive and motivate you as well.
  5. Exercise. This is optional, but I find that doing a bit of exercise can be great in boosting my energy levels. Whether its just a bit of yoga first thing in the morning, a gentle walk/jog or something a bit more intense. I find that if I have not done any movement at all for a day, I become really tired and sluggish and less bothered to achieve my goal. If you feel good and packed full of energy, you will be more in that mind frame to get up and achieve your goals. 
Remember, only you can make a difference.

Ri x

I feel I haven't done a fashion post in donkey's years, so I will show you the stunning dress I wore for my birthday in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment