Sunday 18 May 2014

Afternoon Tea












On our way to have afternoon tea, me and my sister, Stephanie joked about having to go to Maccie D's afterwards as tea and scones were unlikely to fill us up... We were so wrong! We found this great deal on Groupon for afternoon tea for 2 for £24, so thought it would be a lovely way to catch up with each other. We arrived at Thistle Hotel, a beautiful and elegant hotel in Marble Arch, London. We were seated in 'Delicacy' a cosy little area for afternoon tea, the seats were huge and we immediately just fell into comfort and relaxation. The tables were beautifully presented with the cutest of crockery, I wanted to ask where I could buy the little tea pots and tea cups!

I love herbal teas and I was happy to see that they had a great selection. Steph and I decided to get 2 different pots of what we both liked, we had the Persian Pomegranate and Ginger and Pear. They were both so good, I preferred the ginger and pear as it wasn't too sweet, it was lovely and refreshing, and I could only taste a hint of ginger (for those who aren't a fan of ginger). 

The selection of sandwiches and cakes were amazing and so tasty... we started of course with the sandwiches, but couldn't wait to get to the lemon tarts and chocolate éclairs. I also tried a macaroon for the first time ever, check me out :) lol. But the selection was huge and definitely did fill us up, we had to start force feeding ourselves by the end of it!!

It was a lovely atmosphere to chat over tea and cakes. The Delicacy is situated near the reception area, though it never got too loud, which was good. The service was amazingly quick, friendly and they regularly came round to see if we were okay and even offered us more cakes, which we sadly declined as we could not fit any more in. It was an enjoyable day and something I would definitely love to do again. Now that summer is round the corner, there are lots of great afternoon tea deals on Groupon, so take a look.

Have a lovely Sunday!! 
Ri x

No comments:

Post a Comment